Wednesday, October 21, 2015

"What is the one thing that stood out the most to you?"

I sat in a leadership meeting tonight, a room of probably thirty people, of which I knew three.  Listening to a pitch from a school teacher making six figures on top of his annual salary.  Now I know someone out there reading this going, what in the world does this have to do with Livestock coaching; to answer you nothing and everything.  I am working constantly to reach my goals, to make my dreams of being a full time coach, mentor, and business owner a  full blown reality.  When we left the meeting one of my coaches said to me what was the one thing that stood out to you tonight, this is not the first time you have heard the information.  I said reiteration, while not always necessary helps, hearing the same information from different people sometimes portrays a different message, but the one thing that stood out to me tonight and even kind of smacked me in the face was it all comes down to the kind of people you surround yourself with.  This group of people wants to build relationships with you, friendships, mentorships.  They want to help you help others. 

So, there is the nothing part of what that has to do with livestock coaching.  Here is the everything part.  From the time I was a small child my parents always taught me that they had eyes in the back of their heads, and while that isn't exactly true, it is true that I can not go anywhere to this day that I don't know someone.  My actions, my every move reflects not only me, but my family.  Have I always made the best, most perfect decisions, no.  But, no matter where I go I have people I look up to and I have people who look up to me.

Now, for having not posted in a while this may seem very random.  It is. But, while I haven't been posting blogs, tweeting, or posting on facebook I have still been here.  An active summer of coaching, a great group of kids reaching goals, making things happen that at one point or another they told me couldn't happen.  Where this all comes full circle is right here.  I am a showmanship coach because I was that kid, mom told me things while I heard her I may not have always listened.  She paid coaches, mentors, and jockey's  along the way to send me the same message in a different format that I would listen and hear.  We all have challenges in life.  I am in a challenging time in life, there are ups and downs,  I would be no where if it weren't for the young people that I look forward to working with in the future, as well as the ones that I have the opportunity to work with now, and for the ones that you have left because you have it all figured out, good luck.  I truly wish you all the best, because after twenty years in the livestock business and twenty-six and a half years in life I am no where close! 

As we kick off a new year, I want to say thank you to all of my 2014-2015 customers.  Those of you that will be continuing on with me for '15-'16 I am so excited for our adventures.  They won't all be easy, we will have good and bad days, but I can promise you this with this team of people you won't face anything alone. 
If you haven't heard about the program I encourage you to visit our website at www.kalivestockservices.com or give me a call today to set up an appointment to see how we can help you.  

Thank you again for all of your support!

1 comment: