Thursday, October 22, 2015

Why do we do what we do?

Sorry for the silence the last few months life happens!

So as I have thought about all the things that I could post about this week I have had many things on my mind, all the amazing strides my kids made this year.  I could tell you about all of the wins and the success, but something changed my mind as I sat down to write this morning I popped onto Facebook was cruising through when I found Jean's Boots are Made for Walking and this amazing article she wrote http://jeansboots.blogspot.com/2015/06/coach-character.html .

I am a showmanship coach, people pay me to help their kids.  Let's face it, as kids our parents knew nothing about anything, especially when it came to livestock! That being said I try to bridge that gap, but there are so many times that I stand back and watch things like Jean is talking about happen, and it isn't just in the show ring.

So let me ask you all something (this goes to kids, parents, and supporters).  Why do you show and raise livestock?  Why do you play sports?

No comments:

Post a Comment